Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hey Kazzers... Do You Know Where Your Dossier Is?

BREAKING NEWS :: BREAKING NEWS ::

June 17, 2008 -- ALMATY, Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan's sole communication satellite, used by many of the nation's TV broadcasters, is out of control due to a computer glitch and may be lost altogether, officials said.

Kazakhstan launched the Russian-built KazSat-1 in June 2006, the first of four it aimed to have in orbit by 2020. (click here for the story)


Bring on the Borat jokes. Now folks, doesn't your dossier in-country get logged in their computer system?

God Bless the security and serenity of international adoption.

Flawless.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Uh, Tash...I clicked. You ran the entire story. :-)~

But ahhh, the soothing nature of internat'l adoption. I was practically lulled by the news, just before my trip #1 to Murmansk, Russia, that the oh-so-failsafe Russians were gonna try and 'claim' the north pole..and were launching nuclear subs to do just that...from Murmansk, Russia.

I hope this satellite glitch doesn't screw things up for the littlest Borats, waiting for their new mommies and daddies!

Tina said...

Hey, hey, hey - as the future mother of a Russian child I want to point out that while their technology may have a few tiny issues - Russians make the finest Vodka and best Hockey players. And after all, what else do you need?

Heza Hekele said...

That gave me the laugh I needed this morning! (helped along by the supersized redbull I just infused into my bloodstream...)