Friday, May 16, 2008

To My Ethiopia Sistahs'

Hey ya'll.

Today's post is all about Ethiopia. When I think of Ethiopia, I think of all my fellow international adoption mommas. When my co-worker thinks of Ethiopia, she thinks of all the great marathon runners. When my snooty Bedwetters Anonymous sponsor(SHUT UP! I don't judge YOU!) thinks of Ethiopia, she thinks of all the coffee.

What's so cool about Ethiopia is their forward thinking. The WSJ reported that the Ethiopian government commissioned a US-based advertising company to come up with a logo that will make consumers feel like they are drinking a luxury when they have Ethiopian coffee.

This month, the Ethiopian government is releasing the logos for three varieties of Ethiopian coffee beans that it hopes will eventually appear from the burlap sacks that are used to transport coffee beans to coffee cups in cafes. It is the first time the country has introduced a brand for its major export.

That is just too cool. A country creating a logo for an export.

And to conclude this post, I want to dedicate it to my BFF (blogging friend forevah') Haze. Ya'll can find her post on my blogroll thingy on the right. She's in the process to adopt her sweet Myfanwy from Ethiopia.

But my fellow adoption sistahs', please click here to leave Haze a message of goodwill and support. Show her the love!!!

I love you Haze!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Great seeing you yesterday! Thanks for being there :)

Signed "your Ethiopian Sistah"

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute!

hazel said...

OMG! You just made me all teary eyed!!

You know I love you too, Tasha, and I can't wait till we finally meet 'for reals.'

((HUGS))

haze