Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dealing with Rejection

Every guy knows that after a half dozen phones calls and numerous mailed invitations to swanky soirees and she doesn't return your calls and declines your invitations - you ain't gonna get any. Period. She just isn't into you. Baby found junk in another trunk. Her caboose is riding another train. She closed the door on you and threw out the key. So stop ... just stop bothering her.

99.99% of the male world gets it. They cut their losses and move on. They close the book on her. They say sayonara, adios, au revour, ciao bella.

It's like the country music song by Steve Holy: I got a brand new girlfriend

she said, "i need sometime to find myself,
i need a little space to think.
maybe we should start seeing other people.
baby, things are moving way to fast for me."
so, i, i picked up what was left of my pride,
and i put on my walking shoes,
and i got up on that high road,
and i did what any gentleman would do..
i, um...
i got a brand new girlfriend.


Okay.. you get the picture?

Then why is it that the adoption agency EAC just can't get it? Today at 3:45pm I got yet another phone call from them (my 7th since I attended their seminar last Fall and my 7th since I told them that I wasn't interested). I mean, if EAC were a human male and the seminar had been our first date, he would have understood that there just wasn't any chemistry between us. When he leaned in for a kiss and I ducked away, I assumed that he got the drift that there was no 'us' and he could stop daydreaming of 'us' having kids together. It just wasn't going to happen.

And the calls, now bordering on stalking... I told him as kindly as I could that I wasn't interested. How much nicer can I be? In fact I told him that I 'found someone else' and together he (now I'm referring to my current agency as a human male) and I were having a beautiful girl together. I mean, for god's sake .. I'm having another man's baby. Erase my number from your speed dial, delete my address from your little black book and for god's sake.. stop Googling my name. It's creepy.

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was interested. I mean, I was at first.. that's why I went on that first (and only) date with you. But my gut feeling was that you're a bit of a player. You'd wine and dine me and make me feel super duper special like I was 'the only one' and then after I surrendered myself, you'd toss me aside like yesterday's news.

And honey, I'm too classy for that.

Trust me... I'm soooo over you.

So please... stop lusting after me with your leery eyes.

You. Ain't. Getting. Any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny commentary!!! DS