Thursday, June 28, 2007

Holy Crap

This dossier process is leaving a permanent wtf? expression on my face. There are some people in this world that I just don't get.

Seriously, what carny truck did they fall out of?

By now you know more than you'll ever want to know about the process and how everything has to be notarized and all that fancy-schmancy stuff. If not, you can read about it here and here for starters.

Soooo... I go to a local bank where I know a teller is notarized in my county. I waited 20 frigging minutes until she finishes with her first client. I finally get to her and asks her to notarize something and after another 20 minutes of chatting, she won't do it because I'm not a bank client and she needs to account for every minute of her day. WTF?!!?? You just spent 20 minutes bs-ing to me and now you can't spend another 20 seconds just punching your little stamp on a piece of paper? I offered to pay a couple of bucks and she said she couldn't. For everyone out there... KEY BANK SUCKS. I went to Charter One and they were more than willing and helpful.

Yesterday, after a month of waiting for my doctor's appt., the nurse tells me that there was a mistake on my appt. notice and that I was just scheduled for a TB test. I said... 'Nooooo. I made it perfectly clear to the receptionist when I called that this was for an adoption and I needed a physical done so the doctor would sign off on my papers.' At this point, they already have my weight, height, blood pressure and medical history so all the doctor had to do was get his stethoscope-thingy and make do with some pushing and prodding and asking me to breath in and out. Any 5-year old who has ever played 'doctor' can do it. Just go through the motions, doc, and sign the papers. It's simple and takes only 2 minutes.

Well.. he wouldn't do it because it wasn't on his schedule book. Damn. The next available opening is August 23. WTF?!?!?

I left in near tears and called the Cleveland Clinic and fortunately there's a brand spanking new doctor there that has no patients so I am scheduled to be seen on July 3.

It's the stupid medical that is holding up my homestudy and dossier.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ahh, this brings back memories of my 2nd doctor's appointment for the dossier. The appt. for the home study physical went fine. He, however, made me feel like a piece of dog turd that he was having trouble scraping off of his shoe when I went back for the dossier medical stuff. Assholes...

Anonymous said...

yikes...it's always one thing or another, that's for sure. my pet peeve? pregnant women saying, "you're SOOO lucky you don't have to go through this." can i smack you now? you have no idea. ANYWAY...it probably won't make a difference now, but what i did (and it made my life sooo much easier) was pay the $100 to have my best friend become a notary. she notarized almost all of our docs and it was a piece of cake. the only notary issues i had were people at the accountant's office or pretty much anyone other than her...including the homestudy agency. nice.

GDS said...

I will tell you the most brilliant thing about our agency is that all the folks that work there are notaries.

But oh the physical. The physical, the first part of the process where I was sure we would go berzerk on someone. We ended up switching doctor's offices since we didn't like ours anyway. The odd thing was that the doctor herself was great - very familiar with adoption situations, but the office people were clueless.

Everywhere else we've gone for paperwork, we've gotten a faster response just by telling them it for an adoption.

Good luck. Once you get all those papers together you'll protect them like a original copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Unknown said...

I so feel for you... we have had to do everything twice for our dossier... each paper was incomplete the first time. I made the mistake of giving our doctor the paperwork, thinking he had done all the tests required when he vamped my blood. Apparently, he didn't do an HIV test. So instead of calling me in to draw more blood, he just put "Not Needed" on my adoption paperwork... like he had a say in the matter. I almost cried when I got it back. Needless to say...we went back and drew more blood.

Lori said...

We went through hell to get our medical stuff done for our homestudy too. Talking to one of the nurses, trying to schedule my THIRD trip to the doctor was the one and only time through the whole process that I've hung up the phone and SCREAMED at the top of my lungs, not giving a crap that there were construction guys out back building a deck.