Tuesday, December 18, 2007

File This Under: D'oh! Why Didn't I Think of This

Hot damn.

The one thing the waiting process has afforded me was time to explore Momtrepreneur ideas.

And what's really annoying is that all these New and Improved products out on the market are things I thought of a looooooong time ago. Okay, that's not really true but do me a favor and act like it is.

Johnson and Johnson has a new Sleeping Lotion out for babies. It's essentially the same baby lotion but infused with lavendar, which we all know has a calming effect. There's a pacifier that has a shell around it so when it falls out of the baby's mouth and hits the ground, it closes, thus keeping out the icky germs. That's an easy-peasy design. The case just sits on the baby's mouth and when there's nothing to hold it open, it closes.

I mean.. Hello?!?! what's left for me to invent?? Ice cold towelettes to put on your kid's head when s/he's having a temper tantrum? It's a well known fact that cold water shocks people into silence. ((Okay.. so this may have been declassified by the U.S. Army after questionable torture practices.. but nevertheless... it works.)

And now the Japanese have introduced baby mop. How ingenious is this??! I mean, the baby's crawling after all, so you might as well get some mileage out of it. I bet this inventor is going to make a killing from it, if marketed right.
And for those who don't have any hardwood floors, just carpeting, baby will just be generating static electricity. Which.. EUREKA!!!!! could be used to help power all the Christmas lights! All she has to do is crawl around and then touch the lights and viola! they're on.
Of course, it would be the responsible thing to do is to make sure the onesie baby is wearing is inflammable.

12 comments:

Headmeister said...

Ok, for the laugh factor alone this inventor should win an award. I think I'm gonna bust out my sewing machine and do the same thing, but with Swiffer cloths. They catch mucho cat hair.

Amy said...

LOLOLOLOLOL.... I think that pretty much says it all. Thanks for my morning dose of laughter. I do have wood floors too but I am adopting a six year old - wonder if they make that in bigger sizes...not for her but for me....quite often after a hard day of work I literally crawl in my front door so....this would be an upside of course I would have to wear that onesie to work and there might be some unwanted repercussions.

Yoli said...

OMG! This is histerical. I am laughing so hard.

RamblingMother said...

Okay so just to let you know the lavender, well um it doesn't work on the kids like they say. It only works to calm the nerves of the parent giving the kid a bath and trying to get them to sleep. So don't invest in a bunch of that stuff.

The mop thing however, well now that just might work!!

Beverly

ferenge mama said...

This is AWESOME. And I have hardwood floors, so hallelujah!!!

Tiny's Mom said...

OMG, I was just saying the other day "Hmmm, I wish I could attach a swiffer or somethin' to Nora cuz she picks up so much dog hair dragging herself around" Darn, I could've made millions!

Stacie said...

I need this! Seriously. I didn't laugh - I thought to myself, "Where can I buy one?" Micah rolls on the floor and his clothes and hair pick up at least a pound of dog hair within 10 minutes. This would solve all of our problems!

Tammie said...

Your blog is great! We are adopting from Uzbekistan too..........I'm looking forward to following your journey!
Tammie & Craig

Matthew Ruley said...

I just found your blog from Amy's. You are so funny, what made you look for this stuff? I'm so enjoying your blog.

Our whole house has hardwood floors, I'd get it in an instance. One of our cats is so fat, with short little legs that she dusts the house too as she walks. Needless to say, there is a very clean path from our bed to the catbowl and litterbox but nothing else gets dusted!

We're adopting from Kaz, and waiting.

Carissa said...

I knew I would be able to use them to help keep the house clean!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know. The pacifier sounds like a great concept except when your child is awake and takes it out to play with it and can't put it back in because it is closed! The frustration level on my new adopted daughter on that one just about drove me batty! LOL.

Love the mop. It really would be helpful for keeping the floor clean for them while they crawl around on it.

Just found your blog and love it!

Beckie

Jen said...

Damn--that is perfect for those of us with tile floors. Where do I order it??

Good thing I don't have that mommy paranoia about germs and dust. Builds up the immunity I SAY!

ps--if you have a baby boy they discourage the lavender lotion. It can lead to breast development. Weird...but published in research.