Friday, December 28, 2007

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

2007. What a year it was! Like an angel, it had glorious wings.

I rang in the new year forging ahead with my Nepal adoption and in April the doors were shut. They suspended all international adoptions. In late April I signed on to adopt from Uz and it's been fast forward ever since. I started this blog in May with only my parents and sister as readers and now I have some of the best blogging buddies a gal could ask for. Heck, I even have a blogging buddy in Qatar. Throughout the year many on my blogroll have received referrals, some have returned home with their bundles of joy, others have started their second or third adoption, and some continue to be amazed by the wonders that their children bring into their daily lives.

I spent a few months working on my dossier. Found out where my city's Free Clinic is located for the medical portion of the dossier. Even got asked on a date by a guy there while I was waiting to get my STD testing done. Go figure. I somehow swept through the fingerprinting process, got approved by the gov, another miracle in and of itself, and my dossier hightailed it to my baby's homeland where it currently resides.

Even today I'm still getting annoying emails and postal mail from adoption agencies that I briefly communicated with. I have since told them I've moved on, but like all the stalkers I've had, they just don't get the message.

As this is the last post for 2007, I want to end it not only walking down memory lane but looking ahead.

2008, in a word, promises to be GREAT.

I'll turn 40, bring home baby, and get my adoption novel completed.

So, on the wings of a lovely, lovely angel, I bid 2007 sayonara and 2008 hello.

17 comments:

Carissa said...

What a great post Tasha! Here's to an amazing 2008!

Rhonda said...

Here's to 2008...

Thanks for posting my pic...now I HAVE to start my diet.

walternatives said...

Happy New Year, Tasha!

Anonymous said...

Tasha dear, may your 2008 be filled with baby news, and love, not to mention many, many more laughs...ya kill me, woman! You have helped make my wait so much more bearable.

ferenge mama said...

Great post, and you are 100% right - 2008 is going to be a STELLAR year for you.

And for your adoring bloggy public (myself included). :-)

Dianne said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the encouraging comments throughout the year, and the laughs... oh the laughs! We've all needed them!

(And a belated congratulations on your dossier landing overseas... hurrah!! How exciting!)

Dianne

Ange said...

Happy New Year Tasha!
I'm looking forward to seeing what 2008 brings you!

crazylady said...

What a great dossier photo. We went the traditional route.
Charming boob stickers. I have been looking for those!
Congratulations for making it one step closer to a big pile of steaming poo of your very own!

Kelli said...

Happy new year! Your posts have kept me laughing (and my co-workers as I am always telling them you need to check out Tasha's latest post) for the past 3 or 4 months. Hope you have a wonderful 2008 with baby news coming soon!

Susan said...

Thanks for all the laughs and occasional involuntary peeing in 2007... and all the best wishes to you for a wickedly wonderful new year!!!

(And yes, Viriginia, diapers most certainly do explode...but don't let me ruin the surprise!)

Marlene said...

40 is not so bad when you have a baby to love. I had my son at 37 and then adopted at 40 also!

Jen said...

Yes, yes, 2008 will be awesome! Happy New Year, Tasha!

Jocelyn said...

Happy New Year to you!! I can't wait to see your referral on this page!! Soon, very soon!!

Unknown said...

Here's wishing you a great 08!!!

hazel said...

huh. Good think I came back here to get a Tasha-fix - my comment didn't stick!!

I said something like this:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, TASHA!!

It's been wonderful to get to know you this year. You are one of my few blog friends that I consider a true friend. It has been my pleasure following your adoption process and laughing at your writing and product endorsements.

Here's to our wonderful 2008s!!

hugs

Stacie said...

Happy New Year Tasha Kent! I can't wait to see what you find for us in 2008! And, most importantly, I can't wait to see the new addition to the blog in the coming year! (I can't even imagine how you'll introduce the babe! :)
You're the best - thanks for being here to make us all laugh!

Anonymous said...

Someone is bringing sexy back. Whow. Happy 2008!