Tuesday, January 1, 2008

If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me

Are you a multitasker? Have a lot of balls juggling in the air? Is baby crying to be held but you only have two hands and both of them are busy doing the wash and cooking?

Well, fear not, as I have found the perfect solution for you!

I'm not sure what's the bigger 'kicker'.. the cool idea of this invention or the parental warning that is dispensed on the packaging. I'll get to that in a bit.

I'd like to introduce the Zaky Pillow. The pillow was created by a Texan mom who had some trouble keeping her newborn son comfortable and quiet. It is designed to simulate a warm, human touch. It comes in the form of a large hand, with the appropriate weight and size being as real as an actual thing (to the baby, at least). Parents themselves will be able to feel as though they’re laying their hand on their baby even when they’re busy with other chores in the house.

Now here is the real kicker and it's on the website: This is a transitional item and should not be used as a permanent fixture in the baby’s life.

Of course, no one bothered to tell some grown men this as the girlfriend hizamakura (literally - knee pillow) continues to be a best seller in Japan.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Tasha, so excited that you found our blog! I have been following your journey for a while, and enjoy the daily distraction banter.

I hadn't thought about my quilt being the same colors as the UZ flag. Crazy. Now it is so much more meaningful. :)

Hope you had a great new year!

Matthew Ruley said...

That is just amazing. Where can I get a set? Are they also body temperature?

Jen said...

Men! Bah!

Do they make a sexy special forces torso for the ladies to snuggle with???

Diane said...

They creep my out. And then what if the baby prefers them to me!! Oh my god! that would be terrible. By the way, Chou Chou and my baby are at the same orphanage..hence the same seat.

hazel said...

Oy vay. These items are wrong on so many levels. Apparently there's a bit of a thing about men falling for female dolls (the whole thing). I think there's even a movie about it, yes?

S. said...

Those things are great for the NICU--they are really beneficial for the babies in there who are too unstable to be held.

But that picture of the knee pillow is just CREEPY!

And lol about the transitional item!

Tasha Kent said...

You know, S., you make a fantastic point! I hadn't even thought of it being used in NICUs and can see how they would be quite beneficial.

Thanks for letting us know!!