Sunday, January 6, 2008

If I Never Get a Referral - A Retrospective in Dolls

Not quite giving up hope, I find a way to pay the adoption costs through the next few years.

After a few years and no longer able to afford (financially or emotionally)waiting, I slip into a deep depression. Out of desperation I transfer my love for children to cats. I soon adopt hundreds of orphaned cats.


But, without children , I still have to find a way to feed my nurturing needs and cravings. I therefore resort to food to find comfort.


One day as I walk to the fridge, my ankles give out due to my massive weight. I fall down, never to get up again. Unable to get a crane strong enough to lift my corpse out of the house, the fire department decides to let nature (i.e. the cats) take over. The end.

15 comments:

Rhonda said...

...and this is why we always keep our cat well fed.

hazel said...

hmmm...I gave up my 2 cats while I was still optimistic. If this whole adoption doesn't work out, maybe I'll ask for them back.

hazel said...

p.s. yeah, that's a better picture of you.

Erica said...

My cat used to gnaw on my shins as I sat on the toilet in the morning. Now I have an automated feeder and she gnaws on it when she gets frustrated and hungry.

It's good to have a plan.

ferenge mama said...

crazy cat lady! my greatest fear...

Lori said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. The outpouring of support has been a lifeline. Btw, I've been a fan of your blog for a while, and seeing your icon appear on my blog made me smile.

Jocelyn said...

Great story...when is the movie coming out and who will be playing you:-)

Jen said...

Thanks for reaching deep and exposing our biggest fears.

I have always refused to own a cat because of that very reason. Here's hoping I will not become "the crazy chihuahua lady"

Amy said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh when I need it. I was feeling all grumpy until I read your post. Then I laughed for about two minutes straight and now I am good to go!!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Those are some crazy dolls. Where do you find this stuff? You never cease to amuse me. I actually just got in the male a Seth Goodin Action Figure (he's a marketing guru). I thought that was pretty funny (its for a gift). I'll have to figure out who the Crazy Cat person is appropriate for.

crazylady said...

Why I'm a fan. You give me inspiration and let my spirit soar with optimism. Well, I'm done with the whole 'wait' BS, but my fate may still unfold as you depict to the letter.

Kelli said...

.....and that is when your agency would finally call!

Tami said...

Unfortunately I'm allergic to cats! Thanks for the picture! Now we are no longer mysteries to each other....aweeeeeeee...ain't that sweet! Hell I may need to share some space with you if I don't get my referral either! But wait, what happens if you get yours and I don't get mine? I guess I need my own plan dammit!

Cari said...

Wow....what a beautiful story. I think everyone secretly pines to be a cat lady

RamblingMother said...

LOL!!