Friday, January 4, 2008

Getting a Head Start as a Stage Mom

It's hard to be humble when your baby girl is the most precious thing on the face of this earth. She's the envy of every bitch (I mean this literally, and you'll see in just a sec.) In fact, I should check my phone messages because I bet Steven Speilberg left a message begging to have my baby star in his upcoming flick.

I got a head start in the stage mom business already. I'm learning the ropes, so to speak. My little baby girl, Petunia, has been scouted by a talent agent and is in a national advertising campaign. The ad was recently featured on the JumboTron in Times Square NYC over Thanksgiving.

Okay, okay... I might need to mention that Petunia is in fact a dog. A female dog. Seriously, a dog. A minature dog. But a cute dog, nonetheless.

Petunia needs to build up her portfolio so mommy can retire soon and live the high life in lalaland. Since there aren't any child pet labour laws, I'm figuring I can milk her cuteness for as much as possible. Ahhh.. spoken like a true stage mom. Gotta love it.

Anyhoo, I gotta practice so after I bring home my bundle of love from Uz, we'll be on every agent's speed dial. The cuteness factor will be insane.. Petunia and baby girl.

Here's the ad she (Petunia, that is) was in. You need to squint to see her. She's being held by the girl on the right:

If you'll excuse us now, we're going to have lunch at The Ivy to be seen and photographed.

EDIT: FYI, Petunia is a Doodle (toy poodle/minature daschund mix) and is 3 years old.

18 comments:

MB said...

Haha. That's awesome! How did you manage that?

4D said...

Cool beans! What a cutie.

Keep smilin!

Amy said...

What kind of dog Tasha? She is a cutie - what I can see of her that is.

Stacie said...

She's such a cutie! (If you click on the picture it gets bigger.) How did you manage that - does she have an agent?

Matthew Ruley said...

Congrats for breaking into the business. If I do write the musical on international adoption, I'll write a part for Petunia!

ferenge mama said...

that is one aDORable mutt! Seriously, she is darling. My own dog is immense, so can't compete in the tiny/cute category. So I'm willing to concede it to Petunia. :-)

Nancy said...

Just found your blog (due to your nice comment on mine - thank you) - and you are hilarious! I'll be reading...and looking for Petunia on TV. :)

Cari said...

So cute!! Just make sure she doesn't get carried away and start doing all of the doggie drugs. Just say no, puppy!!

Cari

Jen said...

Yay Petunia! Watch out for the "Pup"arazzi!

When can we expect your parenting book, Tash?

Melissa Cz said...

Hey, pets are all about return on investment, right?

Rebecca said...

Petunia IS a star! I love it!

Tara said...

I wish my dog was cute enough to be famous- I would totaly exploit her!...but she is ugly. Dangit.

crazylady said...

Perfect, KTEL blogger...I've been looking for ye with royalty cheques.
Can you send me some cash?

And didn't Too Close for Comfort sitcom end in the early 80's?

hazel said...

Sh*t. You look NO.THING like your October 30th picture. I am SOOO disappointed. But that is a great picture of you regardless!

Petunia is also very cute. So you'll have 2 dependents to exploit when baby comes home.

Carissa said...

Oh how cute and great!

Dianne said...

Awe... what a sweet pup!

Fantastic that she's able to earn her keep! ;)

Susan said...

Oh sure, she's famous now. Hell, Times Square, the Big Time. But what happens when she wakes up one day, bored with her rawhide, a few too many liver treats gone to her hips, realizing she peaked at 3?

Oh for shame, Tash, for shame....

But on a more serious note...that's sooo freakin' cool!!!! :-)

Cavatica said...

Milk bone it for all it's worth!