Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Nice Little Travel Advisory

Yes, yes... I can go off the beated path in my blog and be serious for a post or two and provide a public service.

So for all you peeps getting ready to travel to meet your bundle of joy, please note that as of yesterday, the federal government enforced a new rule regarding traveling with lithium batteries. Those batteries are commonly used in computers and digital cameras. So for those planning to bring spare batteries while abroad, be sure to check out the new rules and requirements.

http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

7 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Thank you for sharing. You are so resourceful! How did you find this out? Hope you don't mind if I post it on my blog too. Happy New Year and thank you for your gift of making me smile everyday.

Amy said...

Unbelievable!!! That is all I can say about the insanity that is air travel these days.

Kathryn said...

Thank goodness, we can pack them in our carry-ons and at least they are small. I saw this yesterday listed on my home page; hopefully I remember when the time comes to travel. We aren't expecting a referral until later this year, hopefully!

Amy said...

Do make certain you know what kind of battery you have! Not all batteries are allowed. Either in carry-on as a spare or installed in your computer. It would be horrible to get to the airport and find out that you have the wrong kind and have to throw out your battery. If there is anyone that is more savvy can you tell us what type of computers might use the type of battery that is not acceptable at all?

Carissa said...

Thanks! Things change daily with air travel!

Suzanne said...

Hm. I wonder what kind of batteries I use in my...um...never mind.

Suzanne

Dani said...

Thanks for the heads up Tasha. You've saved many headaches with your resourcefulness.