Monday, January 21, 2008

Nip It in the Bud *Before* Seeing the Adoption Judge

My friend has a rather peculiar problem. You see, when she's nervous, regardless of the temperature, um.. her headlights tend to shine. And by shine, I mean she can blind people with those suckers. Basically poke an eye out, if you catch my drift.

It has served her well in the US. She seems to 'nervous' her way out of speeding tickets and I doubt she's ever had to buy her own drink. (I, on the other hand, happen to know from vast experience that the cost of beer is $3.50.)

In any case, she's incredibly worried about her adoption court hearing. This really wouldn't be a problem if she were adopting from, say, Siberia in January, and will be dwarved in a parka and five sweaters - but that's not the case. She's adopting from a country where the temps rarely dip below 100 degrees. She's worried that she'll offend the judge; be labeled a hussy; or send a wrong message about her excitement to adopt or excitement to be in court, for that matter.

So she turned to me and asked if I had any suggestions. I told her about Nippits. They are 'concealment' patches. They should make her court day be worry-free!!

((For those who feel that they need the opposite effect and to get noticed, you might want to consider this product.))

As for me, when I'm nervous or find myself in front of a judge, I just pee myself.

12 comments:

Carissa said...

A great solution to a pesky problem! I have neither that problem or your problem, I actually puke...any solutions for that one?

hazel said...

You are such a good pal, passing along that product information to your friend like that.

Cavatica said...

What a good friend. You're nuts, you know.

Erica said...

I'm basically cold 9 months out of the year and tend to "shine" a lot. In high school I used a lot of band-aids--until I developed an allergy and they began defleshing me. Now I just pretend it's not happening, but it has lead to some uncomfortable moments in front of the mirror at the gym with the meatheads. I'm definitely going to look into it:)

Amy said...

Anything out there for people who pass out cold?

Snowflowers Mum said...

oh, I just blush...which makes me look guilty then I start confessing to things I didnt even do...

do they have these for verbal diahrhea?

aaah, if nipples were my only issue I'd be golden.

Hayley

littlebluecottage said...

I'm so glad to have found this blog for all the good, solid advice given here. Really, what have we all been doing all these years without this product????

Tina

Jocelyn said...

Seriously, you are such a great friend for helping your pal out:-)

crazylady said...

I don't know what's more disturbing, your post or the fact I ACTUALLY clicked on your link to fake nipples.

(and liked it)

Matthew Ruley said...

I'd need the fake nipples myself, and I'd have to glue them on - not on my nipples actually, but about 4 inches higher since my point to the ground.

Mamacita said...

You know, I was just looking through the big girl bra catalog and saw a bra that actually does this very same thing. Wierd.

Jen said...

Also good for Shiny Vegas tops that prohibit decency...