Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bite Me



If you're like me, you're a freak. Especially when it comes to milestones and preserving memories.

If I had it my way, I'd make a necklace out of my baby's umbilical cord and call it high fashion. But in the adoption world, that's just not feasible. And perhaps in the real world, it's just not sanitary... but that's besides the point.

In the first few years at home, there will be tons of milestones in the making. I'm already prepared for them.

The main one will be when she loses her baby teeth. Instead of putting them in a keepsake box never to be seen again, I've got a better idea. I'm making them into a necklace and calling it high fashion.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh...I'm hoping baby's teeth don't still have roots on them though.

4D said...

A biting fashion statement.

Keep smilin!

crazylady said...

From one freak to another, I saved ALL my baby teeth, and FINALLY have a use for the string of mercury filled puppies. Thanks.
Gives new meaning to the phrase,
"bite me"!
As for my kids teeth? Let's just see how goes....I'd have to tell them that the Tooth Fairy hawked their teeth.

Jen said...

not as good as the ass print...but still sentimental.

Nancy said...

m'kay. now you're scaring me. ;)

Annie said...

Hi, thanks for the comment today. Looks like we have lots in common...same age, same city, same choice in becoming a single mom :)

Wishing you the best in your journey and I look forward to following along :)

Anonymous said...

Just a word of warning: Baby teeth are really small (we've had several lost to dogs, english muffins and thick carpeting) and you'll need a tiny drill bit. But, I look forward to seeing the possibility of high fashion. Oh--and they don't have roots.

Samantha said...

My mom saw a woman in a bus in Mexico City wearing a necklace made of gold with her children's teeth on it. She had the matching earrings, bracelet and ring. My mother was horrified and, in a dinner party, told all her friends about the disgusting jewelry. One of her friend said meekly "I have that too, but in silver." My mom didn't know what to do with her self so she just said "well in silver it's a totally different thing; you have good taste."

Tami said...

How about getting them mounted and framed? You could make hair clips also, or even a ring...