Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shout Out Galore!

This is my favorite part - when my adoption blogging buddies have finally come to the end of their waiting journey and start down another road as parents.

Here's to Leslie (Haiti, Ethiopia) who is currently in Ethiopia to meet and bring home her daughter G. Leslie's an amazing woman with an endless heart. G is an older child with HIV.

I actually have good news coming out of China and it doesn't involve the 5 year wait! Salome's Mom (Mongolia, China)is in China now (as in, as I type this 'now') to meet and bring home Cael, their son.

Kristin (Vietnam) has a referral of an adorable little girl!

Christy (Kazakhstan) is in Kaz right now with her lovely daughter, Zahri. She is spending six weeks there bonding and having a great time.

As a reminder of how precarious and fragile any adoption journey can be, please give your thoughts to Ted and Lori and their adorable baby Abernezer (Ethiopia). They were given A's referral, the birth mother wanted A to be adopted and the court denied it without any reason. There's still hope as the court will meet again this week.

9 comments:

Tammie said...

Leslie is a very courageous woman. my brother died from AIDS in 96, my prayers are with her and her new daughter! And with all the new parents!

Carissa said...

Thanks for all the updates!

Lori said...

Thanks for all the support!

Dani said...

Congratulations to all those that are progressing in their adoption journey. I'm assuming that Tasha's name will be on her list of positive outcomes.

ferenge mama said...

woo hoo! I love the shout outs, too.

Jocelyn said...

You are the best at keeping us all in the loop!! I love it...I just can't wait to give a shout out to you when you have your little one:-)

Vanessa said...

That's wonderful news for all of these families!!! I can't wait to hear your very own shout out that you're on your way to meet your little one!!
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

crazylady said...

Well aren't you sister Mary sunshine! Yoli's my girl. I want her home. Where she can continue to keep me from joining a circus.
Safe travels to all you mention.

Hmmm. A vacay to the Caymens is sounding good right about now. Do you think I could put that on the taxes under "twin adoption expense" or "medical expenditures"?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading all the good news. It reminds me that there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for posting all these fabulous links!

Jamie