Tuesday, December 4, 2007

If Happy Cows Make Better Cheese, Then...

Nonono.. this isn't a breast milk posting. Sheesh. You people have no faith in me.

What I am trying to say is that fatter babies make happier kids. So for my adoption, I'll take an order of a fat baby to go, please.

According to a recent study, smaller infants were prone to a life of anxiety and depression. Right now, I'm figuring that's about right as I was a big infant myself and I'm pretty happy and stress-free. Or, rather, I just don't give a rat's ass about much.

But I really do question the merits of this study.

I have a friend who is thin and gorgeous to boot, (she was a small baby) and she's so happy that she's practically pissing rainbows and unicorns (of course, half the time she's as high as a kite.. but that's besides the point). I have another friend who was a big baby and her therapist practically has a restraining order against her.

So, I ask you...
a) were you a big baby and are depressed out of your skull?
b) were you a big baby and think life is full of sunshine and puppy dogs?
c) were you a small baby and are happy go lucky?
d) were you a small baby and think living and loving are for the strong and brave?

11 comments:

Jen said...

I weighed 5 lbs at birth and am about as anxious as they come--It would make sense to me because everyone was so worried about me when I was little and sick.

Perhaps if I had been fat and healthy they would have relaxed??

Damn...I knew that somehow all of this was my mother's fault ;)

RamblingMother said...

I was a big baby with triple wrists and fat cheeks. Due to financial circumstances I am not the most happy but that comes and goes.

Beverly

Stacie said...

Can I answer a & c? Does that make me bipolar or something?

Jocelyn said...

I was average 7lbs something...and I am anxious, sad, a mess and going crazy...ohhh yeah, that is because still NOOOO Pacey:-(

Ange said...

I was a tiny baby. Weighing in at 3 pounds. I'm as anxious as they come right now. Waiting for travel approval is slowly killing me....

Jen said...

Hmmm, I was a small baby because I came a few weeks early. Now I am prone to depression. Although the folks I work with call it bitchiness.

Erica said...

I was a small, sick baby, but I have turned into a relaxed big kid. I think a lot has to do with what kind of pre-natal care our moms received AND how they treated us after they delivered.

Tina said...

I was small and born early - my mom was a basket case that practically washed my skin off thrying tom ake sure I was not exposed to any germs. I tend to be a worrier but would still catagorize myself as decently happy overall.

Carissa said...

I was average and am pretty happy BUT I have my days!

Rebecca said...

I was 9.5 pounds - big baby?? And, I'm pretty happy. Can't really complain about anything. But, I do have this theory that if you were a big baby, you'll be a round adult :)

Melissa said...

I was a chubby baby and I've always been a go-with-the-flow sort of gal. I am happy and relaxed except for when the adoption process drives me insane!