Friday, December 7, 2007

Party Fun for Baby, Party Dissing Fun for Mommy

There's always that one family that outdoes the rest of the block or school when it comes to their kid's parties. They have the more extravagant, more fun, more lively party. In the playground circles, it's the most talked about social event of the year.

Forget trying to convince your kid that friendship and popularity is based on personality. Unless you hire a party planner, you can be sure that your lame-assed cupcake party with pin-the-tail on the donkey is going to scream 'welfare family.'

So, I'm prepared for this. There's no way in hell I'm going to pay for an event planner for my kid's birthday when that money can be better spent on necessities such as botox and martinis for mommy. In any case, I found a rental (shhhh) that will not only soar my daughter's popularity through the stratosphere, but mommy's too.

So.. here's my plan. You see that lovely Pikachu balloony-bouncy thingy pictured above? Well, for starters I love all things Japanese, since I lived there for many years. Anyhoo.. I'm ordering that for my daughter's birthday party next year.

When little Johnny or Susie from 'the nicer side of the tracks' calls for Daddy to join them inside Ms. Tasha Kent's Pikachu, I'm going to look over at the wife, smirk and wink.

After all, look at where the entry into Ms. Tasha Kent's Pikachu is located. There's only one way in, and one way out.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrowl.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh wow...can I come to that party?

RamblingMother said...

LOL!!

K said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I found out about the adoption expo on TV. It was sponsored through a local news station and Freddie Mac.

Yoli said...

Woman you are hilarious!

Yoli

Jen said...

ha ha ha ha! There is something so Freudian about this...

Special K said...

I think that might be every daddy's fantasy... to crawl into a giant...uhhh... party favor. LOL!