Friday, March 21, 2008

I Got Married!!

Disclaimer: You know you've sunk to a new low when you need to preface your post with a disclaimer. But... it's not 'me' that's the root of my demise, it's the 'waiting to travel' that's a killer. Oh and by the way, it was Suzanne, all Suzanne, in the last 'skid mark' post. Sheesh.

I can just picture my mom bouncing up and down in her chair when she saw the title of this post. I bet she's just besides herself with jubilation and excitement that I *finally* got married and that there was hope for me after all.

On the other side of the country, my sister is probably leaning back in her chair, sipping her tea, and has a smirk on her face. She's saying 'Ohhh.. this is going to be interesting.'

So here goes.

I did get married.

The waiting period in this adoption has allowed me to become an honest-to-God online ordained minister , I've now gotten married. But there are two teeny, tiny caveats.

((note to self: how can you post this on the holiest week?!!?))

First of all, I'm married to a girl. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I just don't think my state recognizes this. Not to mention my company... so there's no mutual insurance benefits or whatnot.

Secondly, and this might be a bit of a bigger point, she's a bitch. My dog, to be exact. I don't want to even consider what kind of anti-animal husbandry laws there are out there. And I'm pretty sure my state doesn't recognize this type of matrimonial union. In fact, it could be illegal in about 49 states (with the exception of Oklahoma <-- sorry Jocelyn and Rebecca). You see. I'm tired of waiting. I get bored. So I checked out MarryYourPet.com. And whaddaya know.. next thing I know, I'm typing names. It's like getting drunk in Las Vegas and waking up next to a stranger and you're both wearing wedding bands.

So there you have it. I'm married. And probably going to prison on some sort of freakish law.

And I would say to you, what I would say to my soon-to-be-prisonmates: You best leave my bitch alone.

16 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Did you guys register anywhere, I'd love to get you a gift, maybe matching bowls to eat out of:-)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Hey Tash, I think I found a wedding picture....but I can't find one of you???
http://www.dog.com/ViewLarger.aspx?path=~/prodimages/P91740P.jpg

Congrats!

BTW, I just wanna know how the Honeymoon was...
(ick)

hazel said...

I am offended that a)you didn't send me an invitation to the wedding, b)you beat me to the altar.

Other than that, I hope you will both be very happy together.

Suzanne said...

What joyous news! You know, I hear the secret to a good marriage is to keep your spouse on a short leash.

-Suzanne B (not the one mentioned in the disclaimer!!!)

Mamacita said...

Oh my god, the post was funny, but the comments are just as good! Mazeltov!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say but Contratulations! sucks, I didn't even get an invite. I love free wedding beer.

Nancy said...

Oh man! Now you're going to have to update your homestudy!$!$!

Anonymous said...

So where are you headed on your honeymoon?? Somewhere pet friendly???

Matthew Ruley said...

Speak (Sparky) now or forever hold your peace. You may now sniff the bride!

Susan said...

First off, Mazel Tov!!!

Second, you damned near made me pee. Not to mention, I suddenly feel a whole lot more vindicated about my own relationship with my poochie-woochie. (Come here, girl...just one more kiss...!!!)

Dani said...

And I wanna know if you have to put an addendum to your homestudy and have your ole social worker come out and meet your new spouse. Come to think of it.... you have a whole new dossier to put together because your letters don't mention your stable relationship with your spouse... yeahhhhhh we just got moved up on the referral list lol OMG I'm sorry I forgot to say, congratulations or is it best wishes...

Cavatica said...

Well, it's about time! How long have you two been living in sin???

Tami said...

Where are you going for your honeymoon?

RamblingMother said...

Oh MY!!!

Rebecca said...

I almost wet my pants! Hilarious!

Tammie said...

Just married your girl dog.....Yee Haw. You go girl! LOL........