Monday, March 3, 2008

Spank Me, Spank the Monkey

Like any mom-to-be, I'm obsessed with learning everything there is to learn about parenting.

And today, I'm learning - thanks to some articles in USA Today and US News & World Report - that spanking is associated with an increased probability of verbally and physically coercing a dating partner to have sex; risky sex such as premarital sex without using a condom; and masochistic sex such as spanking during sex.

Let's think this research through.

Are you sexually deviant? If you're reading this blog, the answer is probably yes. In that case, you were probably spanked.

A new study shows that people who were spanked as children are more likely to engage in "risky sexual behavior...[and] masochistic sex, including sexual arousal by spanking," according to USA Today.

Not that I really see anything wrong with any of that. Sounds kind of fun, if you ask me.

On the flip side, if all this is true... does that mean a non-spanked child will grow up to be a 32 year old virgin that spanks the monkey?

It's all so confusing.

Source: USA Today

US News & World Report

6 comments:

hazel said...

I am NOT a deviant!!

....mind you, there are a couple of exs I would love to smack the stuffing out of. Does a drop kick to the balls count as spanking?

I'm KIDDING! I'm SO over them...really.

Erica said...

Uhhh....I was spanked. A lot. I guess that explains things that really shouldn't be spoken.

Does that mean I need to get rid of my leather dom outfit before the kids come home?

I'm kidding...maybe.

Michelle said...

O.M.G.!!! Geez, who ever did that research has A LOT of time on their hands. Interesting but in a weird kinda WTF sorta way.

Jen said...

Thank you for clearing up so many lingering questions....

Matthew Ruley said...

I think that confirms that spanking is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Was spanked but not a spanker...wtf..too funny.