Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bon Voyage and Welcome Back!

A family that is that has been very dear to me in the past year has returned home (okay... 2 months ago) from Uzbekistan with their adorable son! Congratulations on your wonderful adoption journey and here's to a new chapter in settling in as a family.

Another family is leaving tomorrow for Tashkent to add the final verse to their adoption story. They are traveling to meet their son and bring him home. I wish you Godspeed in your flight and time in Uzbekistan. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about this amazing moment in your lives.

Neither of these families has a blog, so I will respect their anonymity.

I love posts like these - especially when they happen to people I've gotten to know through the Uzbekistan adoption journey and when they have such wonderful coming home stories.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Gotta love the success stories when we're all caught up in the DRAMZ.

Suzanne said...

Yay Uzbek Adoption Families! It worked! It really worked!

Stacie said...

I love good news!

Tammie said...

Congratulations to those families!!

McMary said...

I loe to hear these stories too--thanks for letting us all in on the good news.

Katie and Pete said...

Hi:

I'm a Uzbek mom, we adopted our son from Samarkand in Oct of last year. I am SO glad to hear that things are moving. The yahoo group has been so slow, I didn't think things were happening for families.

Katie