Thursday, April 3, 2008

Screw the Homestudy


If I had only known it would be this easy, I would have taken the Dr. Seuss route toward adoption. All you have to do is name your kid (a Who), choose the gender, choose the snazzy house and then the cool summer day skyline.

And viola, you get an adoption certificate. No friggin' FBI background check, no humiliating trips to the Free Clinic (SHUT UP), no appointments with the fire department. It's just click and download.

All I gotta do is promise to dress Tasha Jr. in cool clothes.

Bitch, please.

You know she's going to be rocking in her hot pink spandex shorts I buy her.

8 comments:

Tanya said...

The 'cool clothes' part is my favourite as well!
But what is up with the choosing of the sky? Is that to make it just a bit harder?

Kelli said...

What? No home study, no I600 or I171-H? Where did I go wrong???

Dani said...

After all the crap we had to put with with from Pat..... who would have thunk it would have been so easy....

hazel said...

Rats! I feel like I've been ripped off - all that paperwork was unnecessary. If I had gone this route I would have wee little Myfanwy in my arms by now.

Our CHI Kaz Adoption said...

I love your blog I found it on Suz's site. Your right you need to keep the humor alive, I've been sitting here laughing reading your blog. I wonder if Kaz would accept a whooville Adoption Paper maybe then I won't have to renew our I-600A when it expires.

Brian Kelley

Headmeister said...

Hey girlie - I haven't been around much at all, but you've been on my mind... Hope everything is good with you! If not, it's because of those damn spandex shorts riding up on ya ;)

Susan said...

OMG, I used them for MY homestudy! There was a home visit, but other than having to rhyme ("I will not beat my little child, I will make sure my forms are filed"), things were pretty easy in Whoville.

Tami said...

It's not too late for me! I may give them a call. I'm all about the cool clothes!