Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Must Read Book for Mommies


Screw the old 'Our Bodies, Our Selves' book.

Finally! There's a book to explain to my babyluv why mommy's um, heart, is bigger than those of Suzie's mommy. It's kind of like a new version titled 'Our Bob Jobs, Our Selves'.

It's called My Beautiful Mommy. It's for under-8 yo kids. It helps them understand why mommy has a new face and body.

Here's an excerpt from Newsweek:

My Beautiful Mommy is aimed at kids ages four to seven and features a plastic surgeon named Dr. Michael (a musclebound superhero type) and a girl whose mother gets a tummy tuck, a nose job and breast implants. Before her surgery the mom explains that she is getting a smaller tummy: 'You see, as I got older, my body stretched and I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore. Dr. Michael is going to help fix that and make me feel better.' Mom comes home looking like a slightly bruised Barbie doll with demure bandages on her nose and around her waist"

Naturally, it has a happy ending: mommy winds up "even more" beautiful than before, and her daughter is thrilled.

12 comments:

Ranavan said...

Oh lordy!! Help us all!

Julie said...

MUST have been written by someone from Los Angeles.

RamblingMother said...

I don't think we will be needing that one but thanks for the suggestion!! I am not going under any knife for no reason!!

FishermansDaughter said...

*surfed in from "the lounge" WHERE do you FIND this stuff?

Jen said...

yay! Just the thing to explain my post adoption plastic surgery...hopefully it justifies stress eating and weight gain while waiting for baby and hoping the country's adoption policy doesn't collapse in the process!

More twinkies??

hazel said...

Oh FUG!! I'm going to crawl into a cave to escape the world.

Cavatica said...

Huh. Do they have a board book version?

Kelli said...

Phew! Finally- a way to explain my new body to my child after I win the lottery. What a great way to foster a healthy self image in all the little girls in the world. Bring on the twinkies, Jen!

QB said...

Wait. I'm confused. What the hell is a "bob job'?

Mamacita said...

Thank gawd. I'm so glad you've found this. Now if you could just find the "Mommy's a fatty not like those other surgically enhanced mommies." That would be a library treasure.

McMary said...

Is this for real!!??
I need the book that Momacita mentioned.

Rachel said...

I just saw this on the Today Show (or whatever was on at the gym)! Just goes to show there is a market out there for ANYTHING!