Monday, July 30, 2007

Sad News


About a year ago I was introduced to Diane (pictured, left), a single woman adopting from China. We had a mutual friend, Valerie, who insisted that we get to know one another to offer each other support, friendship and positive motivation during tough times as single adoptive moms. Diane and I talked about our respective adoption process. Her dossier had been in China for about a year and at the beginning, I was pursuing Nepal. When I switched to Uzbekistan, she was supportive and encouraging. We talked about why we were adopting, our expectations, timelines, etc.

I learned today that Diane had passed away this morning. She had been diagnosed with Stage 4 bile duct cancer on July 6.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

How incredibly sad. Life is so unpredictable and fragile, isn't it?

Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear that.