Friday, February 22, 2008

Adoption Fundraiser. This Sunday. My House. $39.95


Another lame adoption fundraising attempt. I'm ripping off Disney's exploit-a-rama of gullible girls and parents with deep pockets.

On February 24th Orlando's Downtown Disney Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a high-end spa for kids, will offer Hannah Montana makeovers. For $109.95 you get your picture taken while holding a guitar, wearing a cheap wig and Hannah Montana costumes.

Screw spending the $109 on the spa and the $1000 for a flight and room reservations at Disney. I'm hosting a FUNraiser this Sunday. Moms and daughters can live out their Hollywood fantasies!

Get your ass to the armpit of America (that's slang for 'my town') and for $39.95 I'm offering parents and kids a manicure, a Glamourshot of kids in a wig and costume to look like Hannah Montana. We'll recycle the costume and wig and let mom wear it so she can look like the lovely mother-of-three Ms. Shauna Sand. I'll even provide the lucite platform shoes.

And since we're in the midst of a winter storm, I'm sure plane tickets are 75% off.

Remember, this is for a good cause.

15 comments:

Tammie said...

You know I'm guessing I live on the other side of the US from you.........if we double the price - do half at your house, half at my house I bet we could make some serious cash.......LOL.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!! hahaha

MB said...

Fabulous! What time?

Mamacita said...

We skipped the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique in Disney World too. It was more than $109.00. I gave her my own tramp-free makeover instead. She was just as happy.

Nancy said...

you had me at lucite platform shoes

Matthew Ruley said...

If you want to look like Britney Spears, panties are optional!

Kelli said...

I'll be coming to the shindig without a daughter, okay? I can't resist the platform shoes.

Tina said...

Thanks for the post - I just raided my dayghters pay clotes trunk and I have the cheap Hannah Montana wig, PLUS a Snow White 'do, and three punk looking things in pink, electric blue, and lime green - I'm so stealing your idea!!! This is a much faster way to raise money than knitting baby clotes for craft fairs!! Heck I'll even through in a three minute video of you or your hild lip syncing to the music of your choice!!

AhsMom said...

Doesn't it just amaze you that some parents have enough money to waste on this kind of crap when some of us are struggling to raise money to give an orphaned child a home and family.

Insane!

oh! and you might be kidding about this... but I bet you really could pull it off.

Anonymous said...

She is so claaaassssy looking. can you make me look like that? do I get the shoes too?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I resemble Shauna. lol...Love her fabulous hookerness mother of 3look. Especially the lucite shoes. How I long to wear those shoes. Can I wear the shoes if I come to your fundraiser?
Lisa

Yoli said...

Can I bring deodorant?

Suzanne said...

Very enterprising of you. I hope it was a smashing success. I might have come if I could have been photographed in an Amy Winehouse wig.

-Suzanne

Maia said...

I would have been all over this when I was a kid (not that there was any such thing as HM back then)
...and my mom would've dropped dead before she would've allowed me to participate! Her WORST NIGHTMARE in lucite platforms!

RamblingMother said...

I'M THAR!!