Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OMG! This is SO Going to Happen to Me Enroute to 'Stan


This is *so* going to happen to me when I go to meet my bundle of joy.

Meet Sarah Williams and Nisreen Swedberg, the dynamic duo who claim that Southwest Airlines discriminated against them because they were too pretty. Here's what went down: Sarah and Nisreen were on a flight from Tampa to Los Angeles. Nisreen says from the get-go they were being ignored by staff because of their youth and beauty. A stewardess would not bring them water! Then Sarah "and another passenger exchanged profanities in an argument over the plane's bathroom". Southwest called for backup when the plane landed in L.A. and the girls were questioned for several hours about the potty problems. Sarah says that the other woman in the altercation was not questioned at all. "I think they were just discriminating against us because we were young, decent looking girls," she whined in a phone interview. "I mean nobody else really on the plane looked like us, except us."

I feel you, Sarah honey, I feel your pain.

I just know when my baby and me fly home, we are going to need to cover up our beauty.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's true, Tash. Flying's a bitch when you're drop-dead gorgeous. It's a wonder women like you and me even bother to set foot on a plane. I find dark sunglasses help. Especially if they have a fake nose and moustache attached to them, as my nose and upper lip are probably my best features.

-Suzanne

hazel said...

Yeah, you need to go the Jackie O route with dark glasses to cover your beauty - and make sure you cover your mamms properly. Thank goodness you won't be breastfeeding the baby on the flight (or will you?) - those Triple Triple Ds would send other women into fits of insane jealousy. I know I'm jealous over here...