Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Casting Call: Does Your Kid Look Like an Imbred?

If ya'll been following my blog, you already know that I plan on 'managing' my daughter's career as a celebrity. I mean, mommy wants to have some playtime in her life for once. Mommy needs that house in Beverly Hills and a boytoy to play with. After all, it's about frigging time.

In any case, I continue to scour the casting call pages and came across something that might be beneficial to you guys. Seriously, I mean this is a good way. I want to share the wealth. I mean this is a chance for us to be neighbors. And your kid can be in a movie with Julianne frigging Moore!!

A new Julianne Moore movie set in West Virginia is looking for kid extras. According to the casting notice: "'Regular-looking' children should not attend this open call." Explains the casting director: "Some of these 'holler' people -- because they are insular and clannish, and they don't leave their area -- there is literally inbreeding, and the people there often have a different kind of look. That's what we're trying to get."

Your kid would be perfect for this!!

Click here for the details.

Good luck!! We'll have to get together and talk about what to wear at the Oscars.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I grew up on the NY-PA border. It was only recently that I learned that the area is considered the edge of Appalachia. If I wasn't so dang old I would immediately score my cousin's sperm and knock myself up. I am always THIS CLOSE to fame and fortune - always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Anonymous said...

Well, like the girls in your last post could ever try out for this. They are just toooo pretty. Oh, the horror of that. Too bad I don't live closer to PA I could totally try out as a freako!!

hazel said...

Ok first - uh, what does 'holler' mean?

Second - "...Could be an albino or something along those lines -- she's someone who is visually different and therefore has a closer contact to the gods and to magic." Gods and magic?? WTF??

I was relieved to read they don't want small kids - can you imagine telling your little kid "sweetie, you are just the right kind of fugly for this movie - mama's gonna make you a star!"

Snowflowers Mum said...

this is total bullshit. what a pack of wankers. My DH is from WV...but his parents werent related(hehe), this is extreme exploitation, and the comment about 'albino'...WTF? Give these kids a break, they already got f'ed by their parents, now the film industry wants to make fun of them.

Sadly I know that there will be takers.

Blondie said...

I have only one word to say - WTF???

As if you would have anything to do with this sort of production if you were a serious actor anyway???