Thursday, February 28, 2008

How the Blue's Clues Became Det. Briscoe from L&O


There are definites in my world.

1. I love fashionable accessories.
2. I can only take so much Barney, Clue's Blues, Care Bears, and other children's animation.

I know that I'm going to have to trade my Saturdays watching Law & Order and CSI marathons for all the Nickelodeon animated marathons. But after 2 hours of the Wiggles and watching Brindi the Croc girl do a rap dance, I'm going to start drinking.

But I found a cool and fashionable way of changing the channels without being the mean mommy. I introduce to you the Orbit Remote bracelet. It's a universal remote. So when baby is watching the Teletubbies prance around the meadows and the scene changes to that of a murder investigation all while I'm sitting in my chair and she's chewing on the remote, I can just proclaim innocence and say that the Teletubbies have gone away for a nap for the day.

(By the way, this is a great device to wear if your man is watching football and you want to watch Dancing with the Stars.)

7 comments:

Dianne said...

Good luck with your compromise... I've already decided that our child will never know that the Wiggles, etc exist. In our house, "toons" = Law & Order.

A girl can dream.

Jen said...

truly a thing of beauty.

Suzanne said...

It looks sort of like those house arrest ankle bracelets. Which I guess is kind of appropriate for our first couple of months of single-motherhood...

Woo-hoo!
Suzanne

Susan said...

To the previous posters: Dianne - yep, you're dreaming! I had those dreams too. Sigh. It's the Wiggles, It's the Wiggles....

Suzanne - you ain't kiddin'!

Jen - spot on. Where can I get me one of those???

hazel said...

Love it and all the previous comments!!

Jocelyn said...

Pacey loves Law and Order...so stay strong:-)

Tami said...

I love items that perform double duty!