Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Dingo Ate Your Baby


Isn't it creepy how things come full circle in less than 2 hours.

I had just finished reading this depressing article written by Australian scientists about undernourishment in the majority of orphanages in developing nations. Most 'Western' infants need about 2 grams of fat daily to grow and maintain their health. So a six month infant will have consumed about 400 grams of fat in its life thus far. Whereas most orphans would have only consumed about 30% of that - a mere 109 grams of fat.

Fast forward two hours.

I'm at the Outback Restaurant with a friend. He decides to order what Men's Health magazine has named the 'Worst Food in America'... the Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing. Mind you, this is just an appetizer. According to the magazine, the lovely dish has 203 grams of fat. That's basically the same as a year old baby, probably from where I'm adopting.

DAMMIT... YOU JUST ATE MY BABY.

16 comments:

RamblingMother said...

HOOO BOY, LOL!!

Beverly

Julie said...

Oh my gosh. That is funny!!

Mamacita said...

Eeewwww, gross!

Tammie said...

that's hysterical!

Erica said...

Leave it to you to turn a nasty fried food dish into cannibalism:)

Jennifer said...

HYSTERICAL. Yikes....203 grams of fat....that is like a salad at O'Charleys.

Special K said...

That's in such bad taste... which is why I about peed my pants laughing hysterically by the end of it.

Stacie said...

I would eat that right now. Yes I would. Even with the baby reference, I would.

hazel said...

how disturbing is that??!

Barbara said...

Heart attack on a plate.

Matthew Ruley said...

My gall bladder couldnt take that- I'd be at the hospital in an hour yelling "get it out!"

GDS said...

Watch out dingo babies - paybacks are a b!#$*

Maia said...

I just spit cheese fries.

los cazadores said...

If you order the cheesefries at LoneStar, then the Dingo eats two or three babies....

What can one say except "America"....

Cindy

Snowflowers Mum said...

one of my favorite sayings by the way...

crazy.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across this blog, and I must say, you are one of the funniest people ever! Can't wait to come back and see what you come up with next!