Monday, October 1, 2007

Blurring the Lines Between Adoption and Marriage .... Cougar Style

Meet Adelfa Volpes and Reinaldo Waveqche.

Adelfa is an 82-year-old woman who married Reinaldo, a 24-year-old man last week in Argentina. The couple has been engaged for "several years." They met when she became his guardian after he was orphaned at age 15, so I'm not sure if this is an appropriate pairing or not. I'm definitely leaning toward 'not', but I'm totally digging her cool style (giant sunglasses and a fur coat). And he's latin. We all know that Latin men rock. Need I say more?

Reinaldo said that he always 'had a thing for mature women.'

Adelfa assured the press that their relationship is not just spiritual, but 'there is going to be more.'

Atta girl, Adelfa. Keep hope alive!

Source

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, after 4 baby girl referrals gone sour, I'm SOOOO seriously considering an older child....say, a nicely muscled 17-year-old-boy with an evil streak, who knows how to mix a good margarita.

Is that so wrong?

hazel said...

hmmm, I hadn't considered a child that much older. This sounds like a real win-win situation to think about. Seriously.

hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ferenge mama said...

I'm thinking that Adelfa is LOADED. No?

And if so, more power to Reinaldo, man. If Anna Nicole can do it, so can he.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...that is taking things to a while new level!

Jen said...

She is my goddess!

Perhaps I will just host a hot latin exchange student? Less committment...less guilt!