Monday, October 15, 2007

So.. What Happened to the Chinese Baby?


My favorite show, Sex and the City, is coming out as a movie. I love the show... I usually imagine that I'm Carrie and my imaginary friends are the hip, savvy and wealthy Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda. I even have an imaginary boyfriend named Mr. Huge and the token gay male friends to complement my otherwise lonely and uneventful life.

The series ended with Charlotte and Harry receiving a referral of a little girl from China. And now the movie is filming Charlotte with a pregnant belly and holding auditions for twins. I know this because I troll the baby auditions websites because it's never too early to be hawking my kid. Momma's getting tired of being another rat in this rat race. She would like to retire and live the life of luxury. It's my parental philosophy that baby's gotta earn her keep in the household. She's gotta pull her weight and help momma out. It's only fair.

Anyhow, back to Charlotte... here's the ad for any of you stage moms:

Sex and the City: The Movie is seeking newborn twins
Reply to: job-446582746@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-11, 8:10PM EDT
Grant Wilfley Casting Inc. is seeking newborn twins (preferably 2 months old), caucasian, with dark hair to work on "Sex and the City : The Movie" on Monday October 15th in New York. Please email the most recent pictures you have of the babies & include names, date of birth, height, weight, and contact information to sex2@gwcnyc.com. THIS IS A PAID JOB!
Location: New York
Compensation: $130 per baby/ per day
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 446582746


I haven't seen any ads for a little Chinese girl to play the part. I wonder if they are using Meg Ryan's daughter. God, I hope the girl isn't written out of the movie.

Man, I would love it if someone showed up to the audition with biracial twins to spice it up some. I always thought Charlotte was too uptight and needed some 'real' man to show her a good time. Plus, the show is too white.

I can't wait for the movie to come out. I'll even slap down ten bucks to see it.

Oh hell, who am I kidding. I'm too cheap. I'm going to wait until it's playing 6 weeks later at the $3.50 movie theater.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I read in my secret obsession (People magazine - please don't tell anyone) that it is a dream sequence. Or, they hinted to it "Charlotte's pregnancy is a dream come true, with the key word being dream." (I'm really scared for myself that I just quoted People magazine. I need an intervention.)

hazel said...

I don't think that's a real (movie) pregnancy - she looks overly stuffed in the picture.

I hope I'm right as it will be disappointing if they don't follow through with the adoption storyline.

p.s. Way to go with scoping out work for your kid already. You are so proactive. I am inspired.

Anonymous said...

I agree with haze, the girl looks over stuffed with some clothes, or even papers. You can see my wife's pregnent picture on interracialmatch.com, a ball bally.
At all events, i hope to watch it early.

mel@livvyloowho said...

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/10/16/sex-and-the-city-movie-secrets/#more-21508