Friday, October 19, 2007

The Science Behind A Referral


Who who who who whooooooooooooo are you?

A few of the fun bloggers adopting from throughout the world have coined the term 'forensic blogging' while they were enroute to putting a patent on the referral formula. In their own Grissom and Horatio (I don't know the Lt. Dan NY:CSI character's name) method, they narrowed the process down to researching blogs, dissecting timelines, averaging the speed of light, and there were some other laws of physics involved.

But I really think the formula is this: referrals come after a specific sequence of events occur on a single day. For example, you MUST awaken naturally at 6:21am and en route to work, make only one left turn and your first five stoplights must all be green when you reach them. Yellow lights do not qualify. You can only have three pieces of mail delivered to your mailbox that day (magazines and grocery mailers don't count). You must not encounter a person wearing a pink shirt that day.

Only then will you get your referral.

5 comments:

hazel said...

HA! I wonder if I'll turn into an obsessed forensic blogger now that I'm officially waiting.

If only there really was a science to it so that we could determine exactly when, who, and how.

p.s. I would be a Horatio, just so I could play with my sunglasses and exit stage left in dramatic fashion.

RamblingMother said...

Yep I agree. Your computer must go down during the day also at least once before or during the calling of referrals and e-mailing of pictures.

Beverly

Stacie said...

Oh, and add on, if you are married that at least one spouse must be out of town or unreachable. Definitely.

(I somehow thought this post was a secret hint that you have your referral - and that all these things happened to you. I'm being crazy now, aren't I?)

Jocelyn said...

You are so smart and maybe psychic. That exact sequence of events happened the day of my referral!! The most amazing part of it is that I work from home yet did drive to work anyways and make one left turn....I didn't put it all together until now:-)You must contact the board that gives awards to amazing people...you deserve something for this!! HEE HEE

Headmeister said...

Holy crap that's EXACTLY what I calculated! However the shirt color was lime green... ;)