Thursday, October 18, 2007

Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief

This waiting period is actually turning out to be more productive than I ever imagined.

Not only have I become an ordained minister (I'm still taking requests for blessings, baptismals, funerals, and weddings) but I'm en route to becoming a bona fide honest-to-god doctor!

I get the best spam mail! Nevermind the ones to enlarge or tightened my privates or get me the best.sex.ever., I'm talking about the ones that are going to get me ahead in the world.

I totally thought long-term grad school was overrated. I pitied the fools who were shelling out a quarter mil memorizing a bunch of esoteric jargon and and trying to live up to the intellegensia hype... I can now join their ranks, minus the crazy hours in the dungeons of a library reading dusty books.

Hell, I could get the exact same degree delivered without even getting up from my couch!

Here's what I got in my mailbox:

Order a PhD.

Your new Diploma! No examinations! No classes! No textbooks! Call to register and receive your qualifications within days! 24 hours a day 7 days a week!


This ain't no Associates Degree or Sally Struther's International Correspondence School shit... nosireebob. This here is a frigging PhD.

So now you'll have to call me Dr. Tasha. Wait.. I underestimated myself, it's The Rev. Dr. Tasha.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Ok, Doctor...you need to change Tasha to Doctor!! I like it better:-)

Anonymous said...

Well hell all those years of school and I could have just bought my JD, man if I had only known it would not take all that studying!

Julie and John Wright said...

I was sitting with one of the University presidents in Central asia and sugested that If I Just donated $20 000 they could name the new wing after my wife and give her the degree she has been working on ....He laghed and let it go.... then on the way out when no one else was listening he turned to me and said about WRIGHT HALL.... lets talk!.... maybe your way would be even easier...I would not have to sit through another ribbon cutting ...lol.

chou-chou said...

wow - Reverend Doctor. that's one hell of a title.

let us know when we need to add Esquire to the list.