Monday, October 29, 2007

Nothing's Too Good for My Baby

Baby's 1st birthday party with circus performers. CHECK
Baby's 2nd birthday party with magicians. CHECK
Baby's own couture line to wear in grade school. CHECK
Baby's $10 million Church Confirmation Party. CHE... wtf???

I stand corrected - somethings are just too good for baby.

While I thought I would be able to give Baby the moon and stars, I find that some daddy has given his daughter a $10 million bat mitzvah. Nevermind that he actually stole the money.

I'm not even sure I can fathom how much $10 million really is. I know I could buy a few islands for that amount. Even reserve a place on the Russian Space program for a trip to the moon. I think I could vaccinate something like 1 billion people from malaria for $10 million. My calculator doesn't even go up to enough digits to let me know the number of kids I could save... but if you're in the mood for doing math - one vaccination is 10 cents.

But $10 million for a one night party?? For a bratty little girl?

According to the NY Post, the daddy's $10 million went to pay for performances by Aerosmith, 50 Cent, Tom Petty, Kenny G and the Eagles. (does a 12 year old girl even know who Aerosmith, Tom Petty, Kenny G., and the Eagles are?????) Daddy even spent $122,000 on iPods and digital cameras for guests.

Damn. The only gifts I ever get as a take-home from 'elaborate' parties are lotions and creams in baskets. I found out last year that all those products can be bought at the frigging Dollar Tree store. Once I even got a Prava bag. Now that's trailer trash gone upscale.

5 comments:

Single PAP said...

that's obscene. hey, my blog is back up. if you want to be added, send my your email address to ligaya65 at aol dot com. i can't seem to figure out how to add blog authors...?

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a bit of going over the top, wonder how he will do in prison and without all the extras?????

Susan said...

Have you seen what Steven Tyler looks like these days? OMG, can you imagine being 12 and suddenly seeing him...up close??? Yikes!!!

I'll bet a lot of nicely equipped iPods were left behind in the scramble.

ferenge mama said...

Oh LORD that is wrong in so many ways.

That poor kid - can you imagine dealing with the real world after a start like that?!?!?

Jen said...

That bastard! No wonder the military doesn't have enough body armor. Hope he saved some for himself...things may not go too well in prison.