Monday, November 5, 2007

As If This Blog Wasn't Embarassing Enough


I have come across a nifty product that is bound to embarass the crapola out of my daughter in her teen years.

You know those embarrassing baby photos of you buck-naked on a sheepskin rug your mom pulls out to show friends and significant others? Well, just imagine how you'd feel if she used a plaster cast of your baby ass, warts and all, as a paperweight at the office!

Well, that's exactly what I plan to do.

I have no intention of having my daughter pose on a sheepskin rug because it's so overdone. And more importantly, I don't own a sheepskin rug.

However, I do have $80. And for $80 I can memorialize my baby's buttocks as a paperweight - something I plan to use until the day I die.* This lovely baby bottom casting kit comes with everything you need to "immortalise your baby's precious peach!" (their words, not mine)

*Or get killed by a blunt force object such as a baby butt paperweight.

14 comments:

hazel said...

On my initial glance at this posting I had hoped that was a picture of dough rising. Alas, twas not.

Tasha Kent said...

tsk tsk, Haze. You should know better than that.

Sarah said...

Where do you find these things?!?!?! That one is priceless!!!

Susan said...

Man, I wish I'd made one of those of my OWN butt when I was 19! Ah, those were the days....

Susan said...

ps> Could be worse. They could be marketing it as a combo paperweight/pen holder.

ferenge mama said...

dear LORD. Just be aware that if you do this, she may pull the plug on you when you are old and infirm and on the respirator.

Dianne said...

Teenagers are embarassed by anything. One day, your daughter will thank you for this.

Embarassed... bare assed... Huh! Just noticed the similarities.
(**snort!**)

Kelli said...

That will so be mine- screw the bronzed baby shoes

Jocelyn said...

Where do you find this stuff:-) I love reading your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I second chou-chou and Sue...be careful what you wish for!

BlessedWithDaughters said...

I've been lurking for a few weeks...

I SNORTED I laughed so hard. But my question: Do they carry the plaster in various skin tones? My babies are of the variety with more melanin than others...heh.

Too fun, your blog!

Jen said...

I think you should do one for your daughter and one for yourself. I'd look at it as a bonding experience.

Leslie said...

That is too funny!

S. said...

Oh my I really need to read your blog every day. That is hysterical!