Thursday, November 15, 2007

May I Have the Envelope Please?

Ohmygod, ohmygod. You guys!! YOU GUUUUYS!!!!!
You shouldn't have.
Okay, you should have.
When Susan informed me that I was being "flamed," I thought 'aw shit. Not again. Now what?' Because as we all know, getting flamed means: "to issue an argument, generally through some written medium. Origin: discussion groups on the Internet. Flames are usually emotional rather than objective in nature. People generally flame each other about issues of opinion, insisting that their opinion is the correct one."


But then the lovely Susan pointed out that I need to pay attention.. I was being HONORED with The Blogger Flame of Fortitude. Awwww shucks, Suze! Bless your heart.

According to the award, "You are receiving this honor because you have embodied perseverance in the face of difficulty and shared the journey of your experiences with others proving that a single voice can both be a light of support and a source or humor for those in the midst of their struggle. You are acknowledged here today for allowing others to share in your personal story and providing camaraderie through the power of your words."

In return and to keep with Susan's paying it forward philosophy, I'd like to honor the beautiful Jocelyn. In the few months that I have 'known' Jocelyn, she has been inspiring and gracious in the time of wonderful jubilance and incomprehensible grief. And yet she still soliders on with grace, dignity, appreciation, and a wonderful and awe-inspiring spirit.

Here's to you Jocelyn! And to Susan, who's been in Jocelyn's shoes, here's wishing you a wonderful homecoming with your baby girl.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and perfect choice3 to pay it forward!

Susan said...

Aww, with a blog like yours, flaming you was the least I could do. Damn near set you on fire.

And what a gracious post, too... who'da thunk!

Jen said...

congratulations!!

Dianne said...

That's such a great tribute, both to you and Jocelyn. One thing I've learned since joining this on-line adoption world, is that there is a lot of strength and support to be found in it. I love it! The humour and perseverence I see help keep me sane! (Well, ok, that's arguable.)

Tami said...

Congrats! You deserve it!

hazel said...

Perfect Perfect Perfect!! Tasha, you truly are the perfect choice for this award. I am so glad I found your blog and can count you among my (blog) friends.

And how lovely of you to nominate Jocelyn - she deserves it!

Ange said...

Congratulations on your award!. You deserve it for keeping us all giggling.

RamblingMother said...

Aw You deserve it.

Beverly

Jocelyn said...

Thanks...I almost didn't read this post because I haven't been in the mood lately for the humor...glad I did. I really appreciate you and all your support. I really don't feel strong but I guess maybe I am and just can't see it right now. You did deserve this, you do make us all laugh in a time of great stress...this process is enough to put me in a straight jacket for life;-)

brotayjax said...

I may be biased, but I can't think of anyone more deserving of this than Jocelyn. I've always known Jocelyn was strong (and--dare I say--stubborn). It seems that these traits have helped carry her through this horrible time in her life.

I join all of you in recognizing my sister's amazing strength and wishing her nothing but the peace and love she will know when she holds her daughter for the first time.

Shalom... Alyson

Jennifer said...

I saw your questions on my blog about the guy I was dating. I dont' mind you asking. I know I haven't mentioned it recently on the blog. Not sure if I will or not.

We are still dating. But I'm starting to think it isn't going to work. Not because of the adoption. But because of some other differences between us. I just don't really think there's any future with this guy. I would stick with him just to have some fun but not sure I even want to do that. I'm sort of in the process of deciding what to do.

How are things proceeding with your adoption? Do you have an idea of how long it will take? Sorry if you've already discussed this - just hadn't seen you discuss it recently. I didn't know how things were going with Uzbekistan. Things with Vietnam are a little shaky as I'm sure you are aware...

Jocelyn said...

I forgot to tell you that I plan to pass my award on at the right moment, to the right person...I won't let it stop here!!