Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Without You, It's Just a Meaningless Queue



A Love Letter to A Faithful Visitor of this Blog:

Dearest You,

If 'you' didn't show up, the 'queue' on my counter letting me know who visited my blog would just be meaningless.

And without you, my loyal and faithful Qatar visitor, the U in the name of your home would just render the Q meaningless.

It's you... Qatar.

But, I, on the other hand, am just a pile of an emotional mess and cannot stand without you. I am on tethered ends until I see that you have come for a visit. My faithful stat queue tells me you visit everyday between the hours of 2-6pm**

Who are you Qatar? Are you a man of the vast desert like Lawarence of Arabia? Or perhaps you're like Indiana Jones who is on sabbatical in Qatar researching the archaeological excavation in Doha? Or.. perhaps you are an expat of royal descent living large in the fine peninsula. Or maybe your are a lonely billionaire sheik? Or, perhaps you are a woman, a fellow adoptive parent, looking for someone who shares a journey similar to yours?

Please just give me a glimpse into who you are. I don't need a name or address, just a little story of you. Post a comment or send an email, and I promise you I'll feel fulfilled.


Fondly,
Tasha ... from a land far, far away

**Although I must admit that you've been getting a bit lazy lately and have been showing up later and later. What is it? Another blogger? Are you starting to grow tired of me? Is it my breath? Oh god.. please don't leave me. I beg you to stay.

10 comments:

hazel said...

You have a fan in Qatar - kewl!

Anonymous said...

I am another pre-adoptive first time Mom, who thinks your blog is hysterical! Keep doing what you are doing lady!!!

RamblingMother said...

It kind of freaked me out to see some of the mideastern countries. How funny.

Beverly

Tina said...

So how do you figure this stuff out? I'm pretty sure the only one that reads mine is me and a couple of close friends well and you at least once.

Even with pathetic readership, it would be interesting to be able to see.

Anonymous said...

Wow how neat is that!

Stacie said...

For a minute I thought you were talking to me...until I get to the Qatar part. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

hello
yes i am from Qatar and a soon to be adoptive mom i enjoy reading adoption blogs especially international since Qatar only has domestic adoption which is really easy and children at the orphanage are really taken care
Ps I will try my best to read your blog as early as I can

Anonymous said...

hello
yes i am from Qatar and a soon to be adoptive mom i enjoy reading adoption blogs especially international since Qatar only has domestic adoption which is really easy and children at the orphanage are really taken care
Ps I will try my best to read your blog as early as I can

Sue said...

Wow, how cool is that???

Lori said...

Okay, that's awesome that your Qatar person wrote you. And I love this post because I think this Qatar mom has been visiting my blog too (and I've wondered who that must be...don't you love these counters?). It makes me want to do a similar post, asking the person in Ewa Beach, Hawaii to make him/herself known.