Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Forget Recalling Them, Send 'Em to Me!


Now this is my type of recalled toy. For starters, it's lightyears safer than the poisonous lead-tainted toys from China.

According to an Australian newspaper report, there's a toy that when ingested, the chemicals on it reacts to those in the human body thus creating the party drug GHB.

The toy, Bindeez, is a craft kit made up of colorful beads that can be assembled to create designs like flowers, rainbows, and unicorns - which actually seems perfectly suited for its deliriously wigged-out side effects.

On the down side, it should be noted that three kids were hospitalized after swallowing some of the beads.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow talk about a toy, I am surprised that teenagers are not hunting them down.

Melissa said...

I think I need to ingest a few of those a day until this adoption process is over!

hazel said...

The Date Rape Drug to kids - greaaaaat.

I just saw this tonight on The Hour tv show. I immediately thought of you and hoped you would blog about it!

Tina said...

Great - my step daughter Eden plays with these at her mom's house - she made me a puppy out of them to console me after our dog died. So - after I call her mom - do you suppose I could sell the puppy on the black Market. Might help with adoption finances.

Jen said...

isn't GHB also the party drug of choice in gay dance clubs?? Whoo hoo! Break out the disco lights and make some bead art :)

Jen said...

I think you might have to fight my friend Ryan to get your hands on these.