Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hey Ladies... Road Trip!!!

Woohoo… come on ladies, back your bags, we’re going on a beach safari… cougar style.

What better way to beat off the winter-time blues? Plus, it’ll be our last hurrah before getting a referral and bringing home baby.

According to a Reuters article, the ‘It’ place to be for women in their ‘autumn years’ (okay, that’s not us… but it will be, in about 20 years or so) is Kenya.

According to Bethan (obviously not her real name) from England, Kenya is “a country just full of big young boys who like us older girls.”

Bethan’s traveling companion, Allie, 64, also enjoyed her time in Kenya.

The article states, “Walking on the beach, Allie resting her white haired-head on the shoulder of her companion, a six-foot-four 23-year-old from the Maasai tribe.

He wore new sunglasses he said were a gift from her.

"We both get something we want -- where's the negative?" Allie asked in a bar later.

Bethan kept one eye on her date -- a 20-year-old playing pool, a red bandana tying back dreadlocks and new-looking sports shoes on his feet.

He looked up and came to join her at the table, kissing her, then collecting more coins for the pool game.”

Okay… I just looked up the cost of a round-trip ticket to Kenya. I gotta scratch that from my list.

Anyhooo… speaking of road trips, I’m going to be in Las Vegas and Los Angeles for the next few weeks. Any PAP or AP or whatever bloggers out there that wants to meet for coffee?

And seriously, this time by ‘coffee’ , I really mean ‘coffee.’

9 comments:

ferenge mama said...

Creeeeeeeepy.

This is really true, though, in many places in Africa. And as a result, every guy there thinks a white woman is there to "score". Which means it's hard to walk the streets unmolested.

ferenge mama said...

Oh, and I meant to say - HELL YEAH, I'd love to meet for coffee. But sadly, I'm not in LA or LV.

If you come to San Francisco, give me a shout!

Lori said...

Hey, actually, we might be in L.A. next week for a few days, and it would be awesome to meet you! I'm such a huge fan of your blog :) What part will you be in? If we go, we'll be in the Glendale/Pasadena/Eagle Rock area, but we also brave the freeways often.
loretta_34@hotmail.com

Jen said...

Ha! That is so Bridget Jones!! (The second book where her mom goes to Africa with her buddy and brings back a sexy young rugby player)

How did you score such a great travel schedule?? Vegas and LA?? You don't need Kenya...the west is your gigalo :)

Kelli said...

They just talked about this on the View today- wish I was going to be somewhere warm in the next few weeks, like Vegas, LA....or Kenya

Jennifer said...

Have fun in LA and Las Vegas - sounds like a great time!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, now I know what to do when I am a rich old widow (though don't tell my husband he's dying first!)

Stacie said...

Oh man, and I was so close to Kenya while in Ethiopia! Well, Kevin was with me, but still!

Tami said...

Do they have any money? I can date broke men in the US and I don't have to travel for that! I'm thinking more like Italy or Greece...my cousin said that is a place for a big ego boost!