Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's a Hassle...

Everything is a hassle. It's a hassle trying to get your dossier together. It's a hassle trying to keep an adoption budget without having panic attacks and it's a frigging hassle to trying to come up with a sexy 250th post.

But like my 25th birthday, my 250th post will be a dud with a stud. Yes, my party was a dud but my boyfriend at the time was a stud. (Okay, that's so far from the truth, it's not even funny. He was a dud but I loved his Spanish accent.)

But the point I'm trying to make is that everything up to now has had me in a trance. I would spend hours focusing on the entire adoption process trying to make heads and tails out of it all that I would just blank out and get dizzy. Sometimes a co-worker would say 'hey, Tash! Do I have a booger on my cheek?? You've been staring at it for the last two minutes.' And then I'd snap out of it and realize that I wasn't even 'looking' at anything, I was brain-dead, in a fog, in a trance. And if there really was a booger on the said person's cheek, I would start to hallucinate that it was dancing and singing.

Anyhow, my head hurts and my eyes sting. I've been online too long researching all things adoption and Uzbek. Sometimes I think I see something and understand it all and then I realize, upon deeper inspection, that it's not all what it seems to be.

You know, kind of like seeing a piece of fruit and once you bite into it, you realize it's plastic.

Anyhow, this is what it's like.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the Hasselhoff

and, I loved the kitty litter cake even more. i need an excuse to make that one!

RamblingMother said...

I am giving you an easy post to take your mind off of the adoption stress stuff. An 8 things meme, you can thank me later, HA.

Beverly

Unknown said...

I SO remember going through that. Just wait until you get your little one home. Then you can start searching for info on every little thing she does or doesn't do that you think she should or shouldn't be doing!!! That's fun too.

Hang tough.

Kim @ TheBitterBall

Kelli said...

I am still in that same trance!

Susan said...

I'm sorry, did someone say something?

Dianne said...

If I wake up screaming tonight, it's all your fault.