Monday, November 26, 2007

I Know What I'm Getting You for Christmas


Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving weekend? I sure did. I relaxed, stuffed my tummy, shopped ‘til I dropped, and ‘met’ my Qatar buddy.

During my break, I also did a lot of research about medical ailments that are common in orphanages, shots needed before traveling, and then I thought I’d figure out what’s causing me to break out into hives everyday in my own home. Hence, I learned about bed bugs, dust mites, tape worm, salmonella, the flu, Lyme disease, mad cow, herpes, and other minor irritants. No biggie, really. And they’re quite common. (Although not necessarily all together in the same home… but that’s a minor point.)

And as I was researching these regular visitors, I saw that some genius came up with a novel way of turning those bodily invaders into cuddly friends. How cool is that? Stuffed animals shaped as diseases. According to the website, “(the stuffed critters) make great learning tools for parents and educators.”

What’s a mom to do on the night when her daughter decides to snuggle with Syphilis (pictured, above)?

11 comments:

Susan said...

OMG, that's the cutest little social disease I've ever seen! I want syphillis! Oh Tash, please give me syphillis for XMas??

Tasha Kent said...

Suze, are you sure you want Syphillis? I thought gonorrhea was awfully cute as well (http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/clap.html).

Marlene said...

That is too crazy! I got to get one.

Unknown said...

lol i love reading your blog if anyone wants to learn more about Qatar please feel free to email me at
HHQATAR@gmail.com

Kelli said...

Way better than webkins or beanie babies!

Lori said...

I want them all! The bedbug is especially cute. This is the most awesome thing ever.

RamblingMother said...

One year my brother gave my nieces and nephews the germs he bought at the CDC while working there. One neice got the "kissing disease" or mono which had long eyelashes and bright red lips. Too funny.

Beverly

Jo said...

I love it. I think I know what to get for my gift exchange at work!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the best! So funny!

Anonymous said...

Me thinks the nurses at school would love to get syphillis for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I literally sat at my computer in an empty house and laughed myself to TEARS!!!!

I LOVE the "Mad Cow", the "Fat Cell", and the "Chicken Pox"!!! Out of this world hysterical! That's all I can say!!!