Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Journey of 6444 Miles Begins with the First Step

It's 6,444 miles from Cleveland, OH to Tashkent, UZ. In order to make this waiting period easier, I decided to take on a goal. I'm going to walk, run, tap dance, tap my toes to music, stairclimb, and elliptical my way to my baby.

It is believed that 2000 steps equals one mile. So that means I need to make contact with the ground 12 million 888 thousand times.

If I did 10,000 steps a day, that means it would take me 1,288 days (or about 4 years). Well, screw that. I'm taking you guys along with me. All your steps count too.

Who's in?

Okay... let's get started.


5 comments:

hazel said...

First off - congratulations on your 250th post - it's a doozy and I thank you for not disappointing me.

Secondly - I could use the exercise - you are so thoughtful for including us on your journey

Tami said...

You have issues!

Anonymous said...

That picture is just wrong...but I would be happy to join you on your journey!

Melissa said...

If every hour spent online counts as a mile, I'll be very helpful to the cause.

walternatives said...

I'll help - why the hell not?