Friday, November 2, 2007

How Much Would This Babysitter Charge?

The babysitting world is a jungle out there. Literally. But more on that later.

When I was growing up, I charged a whooping one dollar an hour to babysit and $1.60 an hour for every frigging hour past midnight.

Nowadays, according to a recent Wall Street Journal article, kids are making $18 an hour to babysit. That's more than a barista makes at Starbucks.

I mean, really, how difficult is it to babysit? You start off playing with the kid for an hour, then you lie and say it's 9pm (when it's really 6pm) and tell them it's time for bed. Of course, you'll mess up their ability to read numbers because of this lie, but that's not your problem. The parents can deal with it after you leave. Once putting the kid to bed, you just watch TV and eat junk food from their pantry.

Well... I think I found a new type of babysitter that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Check it out.

5 comments:

Single PAP said...

"ouch! get that monkey's foot off my pee-pee!!" ~24 day old baby

Kelli said...

And it looks like you would never have to worry about lice!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he would be clean and cared for :)

ferenge mama said...

you could turn that into a money-making venture... rent that monkey out to other parents whenever there is a lice breakout at school.

Millions to be made!!

Cipson said...

I think baby sitting is not an easy job and it is a high responsibility job.

"Kids Play is not Mens play"

http://meninweb.blogspot.com