Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Walk in the Sand - My Convo with JC

It seems that a lot of these adoption blogs have religious undertones. It seems that the authors have found a guiding light from above. Yet for me, I'm still struggling with dealing with a lot of the roadblocks and turmoil in the adoption world of today.

It all kind of leaves me feeling guilty that I haven’t seen the Jesus bandwagon passing down my street. But when I think about, I’m sure this is how my encounter with the Lord would be like.

((pan camera in…. scene with Tasha and Jesus Christ walking on the beach))

Tasha Kent: Jesus, these footprints of ours side by side in the sand are symbolic of my adoption journey thus far.
Jesus Christ: Amen.
TK: But when I look back at all the hard times like the switching of countries, the homestudy frustration and other rocky times, there’s only one set of footprints.
JC: Yes, my sister, those are when I carried you.
TK: For reals?
JC: For shizzle.
TK: I don’t know, Jeez, I gotta tell you, I’m not so sure. Let me ask you something.
JC: Ask away.
TK: How much do you weigh? About 150? 155?
JC: That’s about right.
TK: Well… considering you’re not a big man and there were a lot of rickets, scurvy and other bone-crippling diseases in your hometown during your days… doesn’t give you much muscle mass. I don’t think you carried me JC.
JC: Um, you are mistaken. I carried you.
TK: You know, I’m kind of a big girl. I really don’t think you could carry me for that long. I mean, carrying something in the sand is more difficult than, say, on the grass or pavement.
JC: Don’t forget, I could do powerful things.
TK: Yeah, but that was 2000 years ago.
JC: Well, maybe I’m retaining muscle memory.
TK: Jeez, that was 2000 years ago! And those sandals of yours aren’t conducive to working out. What gives? Look at me in the eye and swear to me on a stack of bibles that you carried me during those times of adoption turmoil.
JC: (pan in on him looking at surf, at feet… not at Tasha’s eyes) Okay, Tash, I gotta a little confession to make. I may have been swimming on those days.
TK: Jeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
JC: Come on now Tash. Look at the waves, they rock! This is my first time swimming. Before, I was always walking on water, not in the water; never able to enjoy the actual splish-splashing in the water.
TK: Okay, you have a point. It is kind of fun.
JC: But don’t worry Tash. Me and Big Daddy, we’ve got your back.
TK: I know, JC, I know.

12 comments:

hazel said...

RIGHTEOUS!!

Tami said...

I think my pastor would love that conversation! It is awesome! I think many real conversations go something like that. I wonder what my conversation would be like with him...hmmmm...I'm scared to even write mine out..you are bravier than I. lol

Ange said...

I think I would call him jeez as well. I always shorten peoples names. Love the conversation you would have. Perhaps you should buy him some new shoes, he has to carry quite a few of us through this journey.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Dianne said...

lol! I wish Jesus would say for shizzle to me.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!

Two Kayaks said...

Yeah...I'm not big onthe Jesus Bandwagon either. Sometimes, I really wish I had an ounce of the faith I see out there. I just dont and that's all there is to that. Now, if Jebus were to say "Fo Shizzle" to me in prayer, then I may believe. :)

KelleyO said...

Trust me girl when I speak I string my cuss words very close together! I just tone it down for the bloggy world. I laughed my ass off at this post! Good stuff!

Jen said...

Me too. Laughing uncontrollably at Fo Shizzle!

I like your conversation, Tasha. It is my opinion that far, far, far too many people have failed to realize how impossibly long ago those "inerrant" biblical words were written and just how different they might be if recorded in today's society. I gotta stop now...too many unanswered questions tumbling through my brain...

Jen said...

HA HA HA HA! It reminds me of this song by King Missile in the early nineties entitled "Jesus was way cool". I am positive that he does say for shizzle!

Jen said...

Tash--Special Forces guys do not WEAR underwear!

ferenge mama said...

He was SURFING.

for shizzle.