Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Signs That I'm Not A Celebrity

I guess I'm destined to live on the other side of the tracks -living in a house with a dead lawn, car tires used as 'decorative' plant holders, and a trash can as the only thing holding up the entire left side of my front porch. In my neighborhood, Monday night is shopping night. After 10pm, cars drive slowly down the streets looking for 'treasures' in the trash left on the curbside for citywide pickup the next morning.

And on the other side where diva Madonna reigns, I've been given a glimpse into her world thanks to Simon Chisale, Malawi's chief social welfare officer.

After declaring her the "perfect mum," Simon said that Madonna's home has a special African zoo room built in it.

More importantly, her carpets are so luxurious it feels like 'walking on live sheep,' Simon said.

I don't know what walking on live (or even dead, for that matter) sheep feels like, but I'm going to assume heavenly.

*Sigh*

In my house, most people wouldn't be brave enough to walk around without shoes. And I guess wisely so. I'm going to assume it feels like walking on a mixture of what can only be described as algae and sand with microscopic organisms breeding in it. I guess you could call it my African zoo room.

Furthermore, although I can't prove it, I'm pretty sure visitors put paper down on the toilet seat in my house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here...with all the dogs most people leave their shoes on and head straight for high ground :)

Tami said...

LMAO

Jen said...

I have no response to that. I can't quit laughing!!!!