Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm Always a Day Late, An Accessory Short

Damn.

I thought adoption was the 'it' thing nowadays.

Hollywood was embracing and endorsing it with the same passion as the Bee Gees did to tight white pants. Both trends gave you a glimpse of what was inside the person without revealing too much - showing you an outline of private bits without baring it all. Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Sharon Stone, Madonna and Meg Ryan were the leading ladies of this movement.

And now I learn that adoption is sooo 2006 and the new 'glamour' is giving birth.

The act of giving birth itself has caught the eye of the fashion industry. According to a press release, a new company called Binsi is manufacturing "posh and precious skirts, tops and robes to labor in"... so that "loyal fashionistas" can feel more like themselves. And the clothes are compatible with medical equipment!

Damn.

I'm always the last to know.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Maybe those fashionable skirts will be comfortable enough to wear on 30 hr plane rides?

And damn, did you know my grandmother scolded me for using the word 'damn' in my blog post?

DAMN!

Calico Sky said...

oh boy!
Sorry I didn't see your comment until today. I looked at Uzbekistan myself for adoption but at this time it wasn't possible for me. I hope to in the future though!
Kate

Jen said...

Hell...I guess with chronic nausea and constipation and weight gain, we should throw them a bone with a cute skirt and top to wear while in labor....goodness knows they don't have it as EASY as we do :)

Stacie said...

oh for shit's sake... (I'm upping the swearing ante - care to match?) I can't believe we miss out on this too! Stinking pregnant women get to have all the fun! All we get are t-shirts saying "Expecting from (insert country of your choice)"