Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Flying to Tashkent, UZ

Luggage? Check.
Passport? Check.
Sleeping pills? Check.
Flatulence filter seat cushion? Che...what?!
That's right! It's an honest-to-god seat cushion. According to GasBGon website,

"You no longer have to be embarrassed by the untimely passing of intestinal gas among your friends or family. GasBGon has been designed and tested to absorb the odour and sound of flatulence. Malodorous gas is a naturally occurring event, obviously affecting some people more than others. Yet, clinical studies show that the average person produces one to three pints of gas and passes gas 14 times a day."

I'm feeling more confident already.
And how can one pass the 24+ hour crowded, stuffy, uncomfortable plane ride?

Book? Check.
Journal? Check.
iPod? Check.
iRod? Ch...what?!

That's right. A new iPod gadget called OhMiBod lets you listen to your favorite tunes and get your groove on in sync. Supposedly "the range and intensity of the music and vibrations are endless, creating a dynamically sensational experience never felt before!"

Seriously folks. I didn't invent the gadgets. I'm just doing a public service trying to make your flight a little bit more comfortable.

7 comments:

Jen said...

We have a guy at work who needs one of those desperately! Maybe we could purchase it from you after your trip?

Tasha Kent said...

the guy needs the iRod?

Ange said...

14 times a day?. Multiply that by how many people on a flight? Disturbing for sure, thanks for the thought.

hazel said...

Sheesh, 40 hours from Calgary to Ethiopia...that's a lot of gas in confined spaces.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I need to buy that flatulence filter seat cushion for my mom.

mel@livvyloowho said...

I think that gas seat is a great idea! I am checking out there website now!

Jen said...

Ha ha, very funny. I hope to never learn whether or not he needs the iRod. He might. He's a bit effeminate... I do know he needs the GasBGon. Maybe someday I'll tell you my story of the 'powder skid-marks' he left on one of the chairs at work. Bleck!