Friday, August 17, 2007

What the Adoption Process Feels Like.. Part 2

Uzbekistan is a pilot program. In 2006 and 2005 there were only five international adoptions that took place in Uzbekistan. Although I should feel like a pioneer, I sometimes feel that it's getting crowded. I discussed it in this post.

However, it just feels that more and more families are 'waking up' to how unique the Uzbek program is. For example, it's only a one-visit, short-stay country and the adoption takes place before you arrive to Tashkent. So it's final. There's no 'wait a minute... we made a mistake. You will not be her mother.'

And now there are lots of families already ahead of me with their dossier in Uzbekistan. It reminds me of when I was living in Tokyo, Japan and getting my ribs cracked on the overly crowded morning subway commute. I can only imagine how the process in the two most popular adoption counties, China and Guatemala, feel like.

This is how Uzbekistan process feels to me.




This is 'How the Dossier Process Feels Like... Part 1'

1 comment:

Dianne said...

ew... it's like one big giant bathtub

how is that fun?