Monday, August 20, 2007

You Have a Question, I Have an Answer

I will be the first to admit that certain questions pertaining to adoption make great blog fodder.
I'm at the point where after months of being deluged with questions, I got tired of making gentle corrections and/or spilling my heart out regarding my intentions. Since I tend to be snarky most of the time, I just give these answers now.

Q: Why are you adopting?
A: For the 10k tax credit.

Q: Where are you buying your baby?
A: Costco. They sell everything there now. But I'm going to the warehouse in Uzbekistan.

Q: How much will your baby cost?
A: With or without the coupon?

Q: What if she's 'not right' or something's wrong with her?
A: She'll blend right in with me.

I'm sure you all have tons of Qs and As as well. Please share!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Q: How could you possibly know where my bagel was from?

A: Well, I'm waiting...

barbara and david said...

Q. How come you cant have your own kids?
A. Because I was born a man ( please don't tell my hubby )

Q. How can you afford this? A. I've been turning tricks on the weekend.

hazel said...

Q. Why don't you adopt from Canada or the US?

A. Ethiopia sounds cooler.

The Ben Show said...

Q: So you're adopting, is this a "do good" thing or can you not have real kids?

A: There are so many things wrong with what you just said I don't even know where to start...

Jocelyn said...

That is too funny!! I am going to have to steal the coupon one...I get asked that every freakin day:-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got on yours and saw the other Jocelyn's blog and about fell over...my name is far and few between and then I find one that is single and adopting from Africa too!

Dianne said...

**snicker!**

Oh I needed that.

Q: Ethiopia, hey? You wanna be like Angelina Jolie?

A: Yeah, well, she doesn't reply to my fan mail, so I thought this might help get my foot in the door.

Leslie & Shaune said...

Q: "If you adopt more than one child, do you get a discount on the second one?"

A: "I'm speechless".

Tracey said...

Q: (asked for the bazillionth time and when I was thisclose to tears on a daily basis) "so, have you gotten a referral yet?"

A: Yes, and I told everyone except you.

Q: "Aren't you worried the baby will have AIDS?"

A: No, I know my child will be tested for HIV several times. How many times have you been tested?

Tami said...

Q- There are so many children here that need families.

A- Absolutely, why don't you adopt one of them and my daughter and your child can then play together.

Anonymous said...

I really needed to laugh today, Thank you ALL!!!