Monday, August 6, 2007

Why a Good Agency Is Like a Good Man

A woman’s perspective

Man: Many are usually married or not into women.
Agency: Many are into married couple and single women need not apply.

Man: The exes speak highly of the real gentlemen.
Agency: Previous clients will give good references.

Man: You just don’t know what kind of kids they’ll give you.
Agency: You just don’t know what kind of kids they’ll give you.

Man: The word ‘sex’ is usually followed by ‘yes’
Agency: The word ‘sex’ is usually followed by ‘boy or girl?’

Man: An STD-free bill of health is greatly appreciated.
Agency: Notarized proof of no STD is mandatory.

Man: A good man will let you determine the pace of the relationship. A jerky man will want to go all the way after one date.
Agency: A good agency will let you set the pace of the adoption process. A jerky agency will pressure you into signing with them after one phone call.

Man: They ask you to pay for their services in installments. Oh puhleeeze, don’t tell me you never left a twenty on the nightstand. What? Oh. Well, me neither but this is what I heard some women do.
Agency: You pay for their services in installments.

Man: A good one won’t compare you to the others nor comment on how you are going too slow.
Agency: Ditto.

Like I said, this is a woman's perspective. So if any of you men want to do this from a male perspective, let 'er rip and I'll post them.

In fact, I'll get the first one started for you.

Woman: When she says 'I'll be ready in 5 minutes' it usually means 50.
Agency: When they say 'the paperwork should be ready in 5 weeks' it usually means 5 months.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

As always VERY funny...you must have a GREAT imagination! Keep it up!

Jen said...

I hope we all don't have to wait too much longer. Pretty frustrating, huh?

Valerie said...

You are so funny.

Question for my agency: "Does this dossier make my ass look fat?"